[This document is best viewed in Preview mode. Swipe from right to left to switch to Preview mode.]
On devices that have hardware menu buttons, the soft menu button in the upper right is disabled due to stricter adherence to the Google Design guidelines (we didn’t choose this). If your device supports a hardware menu button (like the Galaxy Note II), use it to bring up the LightPaper menu.
If you have LightPaper Pro, be certain to uninstall LightPaper Free. These cannot both be connected to DropBox at the same time and will cause you undo grief.
★ New in Version 2.1
- Navigate all the way back to root folder
- Toast notification on navigation
- Dropbox Sync Fixes
- New icons
- Bug fixes
LightPaper is a simple, beautiful, and powerful Text Editor for passionate writers. You can use LightPaper to write any kind of text documents – blogs, articles, notes, READMEs, TODOs, or the next chapter of your new novel. Its simple interface gets out of your way, allowing you to focus on writing. Your mobile editing experience will be enriched with the help of undo/redo, spell checking, and quick cursor movement keys. To remove distractions, you can switch to Distraction Free Mode to completely immerse yourself in your current paragraph.
The documents are saved locally by default, with the option to sync with and upload your documents to the cloud through Dropbox. To link to Dropbox, click Menu on the ActionBar, select
Settings, and click
Add New Accounts.
LightPaper comes with built-in support for Markdown syntax. If you don’t know Markdown and don’t want to, it’s okay – you can write everything in plain text. But we highly recommend you spare a few minutes to learn more about Markdown following this link: http://links.clockworkengine.com/mkdn.
From the author of Markdown:
Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).
Previewing Markdown Document
If you have formatted your document using Markdown, previewing your document is just one swipe away – just swipe from right to left. To switch back to edit mode, swipe from left to right.
- LightPaper now supports posting your documents directly to WordPress, Tumblr and Scriptogram.
- You can add multiple WordPress or Tumblr blogs
- If you have more than one blog under one account, LightPaper will link all of them.
- You can post to either single or multiple blog accounts at one time
- Required Setup:
- Self hosted WordPress must have the official Jetpack plugin installed, version 1.9 or greater, to be able to post a blog. Jetpack can be downloaded from http://jetpack.me Note that this is only required for self hosted WordPress blogs. More details about WordPress + Jetpack can be found at http://links.clockworkengine.com/jetpack
- WordPress.com hosted blogs require no extra setup.
- Tumblr blogs require no extra setup.
- Scriptogram support requires that you enter your scriptogram id, as well as your Account URL. You will find your Scriptogram id under settings on the Scriptogram website (http://scriptogr.am/dashboard/#settings).
Adding/Removing a blog account
- To add a new account, click Menu on the ActionBar, select
Settings, and click
Add New Accounts. Multiple blog accounts are only supported in the LightPaper Pro version.
- Removing a blog account can be done by going to
Settingsand clicking the ‘x’ next to an account
Posting a blog
- Create some awesome content.
- Once you are ready to post, click the menu and select the
Blogmenu item. If the
Blogmenu item is disabled, it means you haven’t added a blog account yet. Please see section Adding/Removing a blog account.
- From the
Select Accountsscreen, select at least one blog by clicking the checkbox on the right side and then select
- Type the title for the blog. If you leave this field empty, the name of the document itself will be used.
- Select the status of your blog – DRAFT, QUEUE, PUBLISH or PRIVATE
- Select the format of your blog – HTML or PLAIN (with Markdown)
- Fill TAGS field with comma (,) separated tags. Tags are optional.
- Fill CATEGORIES field with comma (,) separated categories. Categories are only used for WordPress and are ignored for Tumblr. Categories are optional.
- After you have filled the fields, select the
Postbutton. You must be connected to the Internet to be able to successfully post your blog.
NOTE: As of version 1.3, you cannot edit a blog post and resubmit it. Every time you post a blog, a new blog will be created. We strongly recommend you to post your blog as a DRAFT, do final editing online and change the status to PUBLISHED from there.
(available in the pro version)
- Markdown Shortcodes: Shortcodes are used to help speed up markdown editing. These Shortcodes come in two flavors, ‘insert before’, and ‘surround’.
- Distraction Free Mode: Use distraction free mode to highlight the paragraph being worked on. To leave Distraction Free Mode, click the distraction free icon.
- Fast Text Navigation Keys: Use the fast text navigation keys to move forward and back in your text, either character by character, or word by word.
Sync With Dropbox: Use the Dropbox icon to connect to Dropbox and to automatically sync your files in the cloud. Files with conflicting names will be automatically renamed with an identifying digit.
Preview Viewis used to preview the text or Markdown document currently being edited. To get to the
Preview View, swipe from right to left on the
To get to the File List, either edge swipe the Editor or Preview pane left bezel, or click the upper left LightPaper icon. The sorting direction for the file list can be selected in the settings menu.
- Documents: On by default, click the documents icon to see all files that are neither favorites nor trash. All new documents will begin life in the documents folder.
- Favorites: Favorite documents are stored in the Favorite folder.
- Trash: Files sent to the trash are stored here. From here, they may be removed from the trash, or deleted permanently.
Click the search icon to perform a search across the file names.
Long press a file to get to file options
- Favorite Icon: If the favorite button is empty, press the icon to send the document to the favorites folder. If the button is filled in, press the icon to remove the document from the favorites folder and send it back to the documents folder.
- Share Icon: Press the share icon to share the document with another application.
- Trash Icon: Press the trash icon to move the document to the trash folder.
- Remove from Trash Icon: Press the ‘remove from trash’ icon to remove the document from trash, and send it back to the document folder.
- Delete Icon: Press the delete icon to permanently remove the document from the trash folder.
Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- new document: Ctrl N
- save document: Ctrl S
- undo: Ctrl Z
- redo: Ctrl Y
- redo: Ctrl Shift Z
- move forward one word: Ctrl Right/Left Arrow
- move to the beginning of the current line: Alt Left Arrow
- move to the end of the current line: Alt Right Arrow
Documents can be shared in four ways, ‘Plain Text’, ‘HTML Text’ (text after the markdown processor has rendered the text), ‘HTML File’, and Markdown File.
Settings are located in the Options menu, and can be used to choose the default Sharing Options, as well as the sorting options for files. Files may be sorted by name, size or date, ascending or descending.
Feedback and Comments
We’d love to hear from you. The best way to contact us is either by using our Google+ page, or by using Twitter. To get the latest updates on LightPaper you can like our Google+ page (http://links.clockworkengine.com/gpluslp) and follow us on Twitter @LightPaperApp. If you find LightPaper to be awesome, don’t forget to 5 star us on the Google Play Store. We have made our best efforts to give Android users a simple, beautiful, and native looking editor and we promise to continuously improve it.
We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed writing it.
Team LightPaper http://getlightpaper.com
Clockwork Engine, LLC http://clockworkengine.com